>

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Change, Prayer, and Thank You

Time has been dragging its feet for a while now, and then all of a sudden it has seemed to shift into warp speed. This is to me a welcome change as I was getting very anxious to move on to Mexico. I know that the change won't be real to me until I'm in Mexico, but I'm okay with that. The only problem with this is that right now, everything feels very weird and in limbo. Oh well.

To catch everyone up to speed on my preparations, I am mostly ready to leave for Mexico. I have some minor details to take care of and only 1 major. I am still growing my support team and I have almost reached my goal! I need about $1,100 per month and am at about $950. Praise God! He is faithful and He is meeting my needs. Thank you to everyone who has committed to go with me to Mexico in this way. Moreover, thank you to everyone who has committed to pray for me. I most certainly need prayer and encouragement as I go. In fact, I have decided to list just a couple of prayer requests so that I may start the habit of asking you, my supporters, for help.

I need a truck to be given (or bought) for the ministry. There are 3 reasons why I need this truck: [1] I have a lot of stuff to take with me as I move to Mexico, [2] I will need a way to get around from place to place in Oaxaca as the region is very rural, and [3] there is a possibility that I could be denied a 6 month visa if I fly rather than drive to Mexico. The nature of the truck I need is rather specific, so if you are curious as to those specifications, please email me.

That a new community be prepared for me to integrate into at Roca Blanca. I am a very social person and I know that I need a community to support me, keep me accountable, and encourage me as I transition from stateside to south of the border. I know that God would not have called me to Oaxaca if He didn't have this ready for me, so pray that this transition goes smoothly.

Well, that's it for now. Please know that all of you are so dear to me and I will miss you terribly when I'm gone. I have gone so deep with so many in NWA, and it has been a blessing.

On a final and random note, First Security Bank was "signed" again this morning. This is getting ridiculous....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, if you guys would just appear to support small business, then you probably wouldn't have the signage problem.

Stu said...

Jen, your sympathy and sincerity overwhelm me. Thank you.

Liz said...

i'm looking for some spanish assistance, perhaps you could direct me to the appropriate party?

Jennifer said...

are you gone... for good?!? without even a good-bye call? you would.

how does your support look? email me and let me know what's left to raise. we could always collect cans. i think they're going for
$0.60/lb these days.