>

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Vehicle Frustrations and Lists

This morning I walked out to my Jeep to meet my boy Dasun for some delicious breakfast at Chick-Fil-A, but was thoroughly surprised and irritated to find that I had a pond of anti-freeze under my freakin' vehicle. I knew I needed to make it to a gas station so I could buy some more anti-freeze and water so off I went. After I got up the hill on Crossover, I got into the rhythm of getting up to speed and shutting off the Jeep to coast. This process went on all the way to the White Oak Station where I pulled in with a temperature gauge that was screaming at me via the "check gauges" light. DUH YOU STUPID FREAKING CONSOLE LIGHT DISPLAY!!! BEEPING WILL NOT HELP ME FIX THIS!!! Anyway, the poor Jeep is at the shop now and I am praying that my warranty will cover this one.

On a different note, I have noticed that a few of my friends have been into the lists as of late so I thought I would partake. I am going to try to be as grandiose as possible with these lists with the hope of sparking some truly glorious discourse.

Best TV Shows of All-Time:
1. Full House (I love uncle Jessie's hair)
2. The Wonder Years (Kevin is an all-time classic)
3. Dragon Ball Z (my geekdom is revealed - go Goku!)

Best Video Games of All-Time:
1. Halo (of course)
2. Mario Kart (I loved the original for SNES like nothing else, but its follow-ups have been great too)
3. Mike Tyson's Punch Out (I never beat Mike)

Best Board Games of All-Time:
1. Pictionary (I am unbeatable here)
2. Scrabble (this one I am terrible at, but the memories are everlasting)
3. Pit (if you've never played, get ready to elbow and scream your way to victory)

Best Beers of All-Time:
1. Chimay (blue label is the ultimate goodness)
2. Old Foghorn (Anchor brewery in San Francisco. Get ready to pay $14 for a 6 pack)
3. Apparently anything from Dogfish Head Brewery (If you ever find the 120 minute IPA, spare no expense in getting me one)

Now please, let the other opinions of the blogosphere be heard! Even though mine are clearly the correct opinions....

4 comments:

*g* said...

full house? is that a joke? who are you?

Stu said...

Well, let me start by saying that it is by no means my favorite show now, but when I was a little 10 year old guy you could not pry me away from the TV while Uncle Joey was teasing DJ about something nonsensical. I loved it. Ok, kind of a joke too.

jlo said...

Stu..I feel your frustration. Since just before our move, I have had to replace:
1) Fuel pump
2) Water Pump
3) Starter
And I know the battery needs to be replaced. I guess that is what I get for buying a 10 year old vehicle. It is still running good, though

You need to come down to DQ to visit some time. We have tacos carne asada around the corner from the house that is pretty good.

Stu said...

Man, that would be awesome! I heard Lafe got to check out your place. I'm jealous. Here's what I'll do: I'll wait until you have a mini-Lofton running around and then I'll come visit before I head across the border.

Sucks about the car bro, but I've decided that old cars are better than cars with a payment. Tell the ladies I said hi.