>

Friday, July 27, 2007

The Night Lafe Got Decapitated.....Almost

Sometimes I laugh. Sometimes I laugh hard. Sometimes I laugh that guttural sort of explosion that lets you know I've just witnessed something that belongs on YouTube. This was one of those YouTube moments.

The other night Lafe, Jen, and I were watching TV at the apartment. Everything was seemingly ordinary that evening: Lafe cooked some burgers and fries for dinner, we watched some DVR programming, but little did we know that fury was about to rain down from the skies. As we were watching TV (The Last Comic Standing I believe), out of nowhere a tremendous THUD crescendos through the apartment!!! I whip my head around to see a wide-eyed Jen and an incredulous Lafe sitting there staring at our glass globe that had thrown itself off of our ceiling fan and onto the floor!!! Only a few inches in one direction and Lafe would've had a broken skull.... As soon as Jen and I realized that no real harm was done, we absolutely split our sides laughing; not so much at what almost was, but at Lafe's reaction. With indignation and a bit of scorn, Lafe scolded us for getting so much enjoyment from his almost tragedy. I guess in the end the gentle rocking back-and-forth of our ceiling fan loosened the glass piece to where it couldn't hold on anymore.

You know, it's stories like this one that confirm my suspicion that people would pay money to live with Lafe and I for a day. It's madness, hilarity, and chaos all mixed into a pair of hetero-lifemates. Besides, I know that everyone should get some enjoyment from our antics.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

should i bring up the point, again, that of course stuff is falling apart in your apartment...you live in the ghetto cliffs. but, that might just be too redundant.