>

Friday, October 19, 2007

Unbridled Joy

Until this morning, I never knew the pleasure of knowing what it felt like to have a cowbell waved in my face....

"Ganaste! Ganaste! Por fin ganaste!" yelled the sweet little mexican ladies who work at Chick-fil-a. As I pulled around to pay for and receive my chicken biscuits this morning, my payment was refused, but I drove away with the prize of a free Chick-fil-a meal! In case you don't know, every 100th customer receives a free meal. Yeah, I won. I have been going to this restaurant regularly for about a year and this is the first time I've won. I love Chick-fil-a. It's been such a good morning. Free food while listening to In Rainbows on a Friday. Awesome.

Note, the spanish above means: "You won! You won! Finally you won!"

5 comments:

Liz said...

I'd like to congratulate you.

Stu said...

Well thank you! It was quite exhilarating really.

Liz said...

One time I won a free movie... at the bar. ?? It was cool, but not as cool as a free meal.

Have you ever heard of Born Evangelical, Born Again Catholic? (I did not coin the phrase.) It's one of the better conversion stories, I also like Rome Sweet Home. My community in Nepal is reading Born Evangelical, Born Again Catholic. I'd recommend both with all your spare time that you've been using to go to the Chick-Fil-A drive through.

Stu said...

Ok, I'll check out those books. And yes, I do have soooo much spare time. Do you want to know my secret? I don't procrastinate. Booyah!

Liz said...

haha! ouch.