>

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Ebb and Flow of Today

Today was a reasonably good day: I had some good mixed in with some bad.

The Good: One of the customers that comes in to the bank often brought her granddaughter with her. Why is that good? Well, I just so happen to look similar to the little girl's father so every time she sees me, she starts giggling. I can't put my finger on it, but it is a really good feeling when a baby likes you. A baby's laugh is like a mega-dose of love or something.

The Bad: An old co-worker came into the bank with his fiancee today. It's really cute to watch them because they bounce back and forth between english and spanish when they talk. (He's Mexican and she's Bolivian). Anyway, why is it bad that she came by? Well, we were talking for a bit and she asks me, "So how old are you anyway?" I reply, "25." And what does she say? "Oh..." I promptly asked her what "Oh" meant and she said, "Nothing, I just thought you were 35."

...........

Amid my current level of frustration, I have just decided to list 3 of my favorite activities for relaxing:

  1. Listening to Damien Rice while playing spider solitaire.
  2. Making up a song on guitar that I don't write down and never remember.
  3. Driving through the hills of the Ozarks while listening to Alexi Murdoch, Amos Lee, or Iron & Wine.
How do you relax?

7 comments:

*g* said...

because i know that when someone asks a question on a blog it means that he or she would like people to answer it, i will now give a response to your question:

i relax by spending time at the library looking at children's books and browsing their dvd collection.

Stu said...

Hahaha! You are very kind. Thanks for the response.

Kid's books huh? I'll have to try that sometime.

Liz said...

35? Ouch. That's pretty bad. I usually get 17.

I like to read myself a good science fantasy novel, true story.

Or watch some cheezy romance movie on the TV and drink wine.

Stu said...

Now the wine and movie I can do, but I confess I'm not too much into novels for fun. Probably not so good for my english proficiency, but oh well.

Mere O. said...

Well Stu, I too share your pain...Ann Depoy thought I was a 30 year old German girl...that was a low day. :) To relax, well I would have to actually say my answer is a mixture between Gennie's and Liz's. I like to read Children's novels; I am currently reading A Wrinkle In Time, and I just finished Charlotte's Web.

Liz said...

Good choice! I love A Wrinkle in Time, that book is simply gorgeous. Even a non-reader like Stu should appreciate that book.

Stu said...

Ok, it's time to stop picking on me...I'm your elder dangit!!! Haters.....