>

Friday, October 26, 2007

Twice Dead Trees

I recently read a piece of scripture with some imagery that really struck me. [for those of you that have already read this/thought about this, bear with me] For me, it helped me to crystallize what I thought about being a person whose worth is found in relationship with God and the obedience that comes from that love. Jude is the writer here and he uses the descriptive picture of a waterless cloud to describe people that have blasphemed "all that they do not understand." These people have "walked in the way of Cain and abandoned themselves for the sake of gain to Balaam's error and perished in Korah's rebellion." Basically these people are the waterless clouds; fruitless trees in late autumn, twice dead, and uprooted. These things (people) are behaving counter to what they were created to be and it breaks my heart. I pray that I never become a twice dead tree.

No comments: