>

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Party Crashers

Unfortunately Shelli has already stolen some of my thunder from this story on her blog, but she did an index so I'm sure I can shed some more light on the details of this adventure.

The night started out at Common Grounds with a birthday party for yours truly. We were on the back patio upstairs and it was awesome! (thanks Shelli for remembering that the upstairs patio is my fav) Most of my closest friends - who are still in Fayetteville - were there and we passed a few hours just chatting and enjoying the beautiful weather and tasty beer.

So upon the adjournment of that fiesta, the Jones and I were heading to our vehicles when we noticed a couple of curiously posed ladies in front of a table of wine at the bottom the Legacy building. Hmmm..... Luckily I have a friend who lives in the building so I knew the door code (which is mind-blowingly simple for a multi-million dollar, multi-purpose building off of Dickson St.). So we enter:

"Wine, or anything to drink?" ask the elegantly clad hostesses. Before we could muster an answer, they informed us, "The party is on the fifth floor."

"Is it now....." I muse to myself while rubbing my chin in my mind's eye.

After making a phone call to a friend of mine who is a well connected realtor, we confirmed that the shindig is in fact being hosted by the real estate mogul who developed this very swank building. Game on! So the Jones and I, feeling emboldened by a sense of destiny and a couple of beers, head to the fifth floor to see just what all this hooplah is about. After spending the better part of 5 minutes coaxing one half of the Jones down the hallway, we burst onto the scene. You know what we found??? SUPER LAME PARTY. Super cheap beer, weirdo caterers who passed Tang off as a proprietary punch recipe, and Mustache McGee (story available in person).

We drank in the great night skyline of Dickson along with some free bevies and then left. Kind of a letdown but I doubt that I would've found anything better to do at home. Thanks to the Jones for such a fun night!

No comments: