>

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

I Have a College Degree

I say this more for my own reassurance rather than an announcement or anything. I will explain.

I have various duties here at my job that validate my education: financial analysis, drawing up loan proposals, translating, etc. I also have some duties that give me the "opportunity" to get away from my desk for a short while and help maintain the facility. In one day this week I: took old newspapers to the Humane Society, swept away dead bugs and debris from in front of the bank, picked up trash all around the property, sprayed Round-Up on all rogue weeds in the parking lot and in the beds, hammered an advertisement sign into our lawn next to the road, cleaned up a ceiling tile that fell to the floor in a pile of mush after a leak in the roof destroyed it, and lastly I was put in charge of disposing of a possum that one of my co-workers ran over in the parking lot (yes, blood was everywhere). Did I really go to college for this?

6 comments:

Schellhase said...

A friend of mine got his degree in Classical Studies, and he's now a bus driver for the Fayetteville public schools. So, I guess, count your blessings.

Trishie said...

Another good FSB story.

Overworked (and oddly worked if I may say so), and underpaid.

Viva Mexico!

Stu said...

John, is his name Josh by chance?

Trish, you know how crazy FSB can be. I just hope my miscellaneous duties don't begin to outweigh my other jobs.

Brett said...

Welcome to the real world. We've been waiting for you.

Unknown said...

At least they haven't made you clean out a stopped up toliet! Yet........

Schellhase said...

No. Bryce. (though I know a classics guy named Josh; but he hasn't graduated yet)