>

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Developing Plans

Well it has been quite some time since I've posted here and for that I apologize. Aside from the normal busyness, I've had a stomach parasite that has pretty much sidelined me. Anyway I have some good pics to share the next time I get to Puerto but for now I wanted to share how the business development plans are going.

Truthfully, I'm very excited because I feel like so much is coming together. I've planned with the Bible school administrators when and how I will implement the business course into the trade school next year. To that end, I've already outlined the whole course and summarized the material to be covered. I only lack the individual lesson plans. The course will have three parts in total and cover the whole school year.

As far as individual businesses go, I am in the middle of helping to launch an extended guest services campaign that will provide guests to the mission base with the options of fishing on our beach front, snorkeling, touring the rock/island in front of the base, and this will all be in addition to a restaurant on the top floor of the guest house. By God's providence we have come into contact with a chef who actually worked in the states for a number of years. He has graciously agreed to help us in our fledgling effort to start this restaurant.

Lastly I am entering into a time of pursuing an outsourcing contract with a company from Missouri. I can't go into the specifics at the moment, but please pray that God grants us favor in winning the contract here. I can't describe the kind of blessing this would be for the people here.

That's it in a nutshell regarding the business development front. I hope that this news encourages you as much as it does me.

This weekend I'm going to visit a village about 4 hours away from the base called Amuzgos. It should be pretty fun. I will be staying with a pastor and just getting to know the people and the area. I've already learned how to say "My name is," and "I'm from" in their native tongue. I'll post about the trip when I get back. God bless.

6 comments:

jlo said...

Good to hear what is going on Stu. Something for the future to keep in mind as an outsourcing service is medical transcription. I don't know how it pays, but I know doctors pay a lot for it, most of it being done in India or somewhere else.

Compston said...

What are the chances of lafe coming down to run the restaurant? He could make lafe chips! Seriously though, sounds like things are going well.

Unknown said...

hi stu, have you thought about having turtle sighting tours from the base. it could provide a source of income and, if the locals see that the turtles are worth more to them alive than in their soup, it could help protect the turtles. thanks, eddie.

Dr. A said...

I get up to Missouri now and then. Let me know if I need to apply some good ol "family" pressure. ;)

I like turtle soup...is that bad?

Dusty said...

stuart, i miss you bro. sitting in bed hungry, wanting a nice breakfast and conversation at the cafe. it sounds like you've got your hands full. i'll be praying about your outsourcing situation with missouri.

oh, and is there any chance for rock climbing down there? do you know how close petrero chico is... where are you again? if there is, maybe rebs and i could come down there eventually and help you add one more thing to the tourist attractions :)

Stu said...

Jason, I will write you soon to get more details on the transcription subject. Sounds interesting.

Lafe is coming....he just doesn't know it yet Steve.

Eddie, I'm on it.

Babs, I always appreciate your exuberant input.

Dusty, there's about nothing I wouldn't give for that breakfast bro. I miss you too. I'll look into the rock climbing question and let you know. The name of the tourist town that's nearby me is Puerto Escondido.