>

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Roadtrip?

As of today, it has been written in stone: I will be leaving Tulsa for Mexico a week from today! After all the waiting, everything has come in that I need for the vehicle, I have a travel companion for the 36 hour roadtrip (thank you so much Sr. Schilb), and gosh dangit I'm ready to use my new roadmap!


So this means that I will be crossing the border somewhere around dawn on next Sunday morning and arriving at Roca Blanca late Monday night if everything works out. I really cannot wait to just get down there and get settled. Here are some ways in which you can be praying:

Safety for Matt and I. I am not anticipating that there will be any problems driving across the country of Mexico. That said, two gringos attract attention and sometimes that attention can be unwanted (especially if it's the attention of crazy Mexican policia). In addition, banditos can be bad news. Plus I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if I got Jill's new hubby into trouble.
(Actual Banditos probably look scarier than this)

I pack/remember everything I need. There are several things I am bringing down to the base for people living there and it's pretty important that I not forget anything. The mail system in Mexico leaves a bit to be desired in terms of reliability so mailing/shipping stuff really isn't an option.

That's about it for now. The adventure is finally on! Thanks for all of your support to this point. I can't wait to show pics from what will undoubtedly prove to be a great roadtrip.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

woo hoo for the road map it is amazin, and banditos are a lot skinnier, and tell matt not to pick up any flesh eating amoebas this time

jlo said...

Watch out Senoritas...here comes one fine specimen of a single Gringo (so I hear from your former roommate Lafe)

Be careful. Have fun. Maybe we will see you in the future. Let me know if you need me to call you in some travel medicine.

ButterPeanut said...

wow, that's cool!

by the way (randomly), butterpeanut is simply a reversal of the name of my (now dead) Powerbook, which was named Peanutbutter.

Liz said...

Stuart, just get to Mexico already, this waiting around is lame.

I think Senors should watch out too... I've seen some questionable man hugs from this guy.

Bistaarai jaanus. Be safe, don't take any naps while you're driving.

Anonymous said...

FINALLY! good luck stu and be careful i don't know what it's like down there but i've heard.. anyway try to have fun at the same time..HEHEH!