>

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

In Mexico

My body has totally forgotten what it feels like to be cold and I am immersed in buckets of humidity: I'm home.

In short, the trip across the border was great. Matt and I only got lost for a total of 3 hours, we never were stopped by military (at the border or otherwise), Matt learned how to drive standard, and we re-learned that topes are the most irritating things on God's earth. (a "tope" is a speed bump that has been enlarged to match the approximate size of Mt. Everest. They are placed in every town along the last 5 hours of the drive)

One of the unfortunate things about where I'm living in Mexico is that the internet is super slow so until I build up the patience necessary to do battle with the blazing speed of this connection, I won't upload pictures. Be looking forward to them though! More to come soon and thanks for the prayer!

9 comments:

Brett said...

Glad you made it! I look forward to hearing about your new home...

Anonymous said...

We missed you this last weekend when Stacey and I went to NWA to retrieve the rest of our things. We hope and pray your time in Mexico is fabulus.

Anonymous said...

We are soooooo happy for you! See you soon...
-Joseph and Elisabeth

Virginia said...

We're praying for you!

Cindy Lofton said...

Glad to see you made it. Can't wait to hear the stories. If Danbi can post long stories and photos, I know you can.

Jason

Stu said...

Yes, yes, and yes. The long stories and pics will come soon. Thanks everyone for the prayers and I look forward to visitors (hint, hint).

Anonymous said...

Visitors!? Well, of course, that depends on the accomodations! (hint, hint)

Dan, Angelica & Jacob said...

Hola Stu, Just found your blog and can't wait to read updates. We're sure you will be a blessing to the Base and we'll see you in April at Laura's wedding. In the meantime, try to stay cool!

Brian Hirschy said...

I CANT REMEMBER WHAT YOUR FACE LOOKS LIKE ANYMORE!!!