>

Monday, January 7, 2008

Politics

During this time of the 4-year cycle, the US turns its attention to all things political: the divisive, the innocuous, the boring, and the interesting to see if we can come up with a perceived "fix all" for the upcoming 48 months. I will admit that I grow weary of this for reasons I don't completely understand. Probably, it is as simple as knowing that no one will ever really be happy with the way the country is being run and so I don't understand all of the fuss. Then I'm caught by my own desire for change in the areas that I deem important. Blah. It will be different to be able to watch the whole circus unfold from Mexico this year. I wonder what it will be like to be able to hide from the slew of ads. I also ask myself, how much time in advance do I really need to start thinking about who I want to vote for? Days, weeks, months? I'm not sure. I will most likely wait to decide anything until we're down to two candidates (sorry independents, you realistically don't have a chance of winning).

Now that I've covered that controversial topic, I will transition to Oaxaca plans. I did get the title back from AR for the 4Runner late last week and applied to get a clean one in my name through OK. They told me it takes a week and a half or so. This means that I will most likely be leaving early to mid week next week. So exciting! Please be in prayer that God will be preparing the way for my journey to be safe as it is an excruciating 36 hour drive. More updates to come regarding that.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stu,
You are a man with a heart for God. Someone once told me that, then followed by the statement that you're a great sinner too. I agree with both. Right now, though, I can see that you are pursuing God wholeheartedly and with "faith like a child". I am encouraged by the way God worked for you to get that car. It's quite amazing.
And on the side, I know what you're talking about with the political stuff. The only thing I really know about the presidential candidates is what the BBC news shows. I have yet to see a hate ad, and I am very thankful for that. I wish you luck, and selfishly I hope you have good internet connection in Mexico. If you're there long enough, maybe Rebs and I will come visit. We have a whole slew of adventures on our list now, and visiting you is one of them.

Dr. A said...

John would want you to vote Huckabee. Anyway, I pray all goes well with you.

Hey..what's a guy got to to to be moved up to "mucho-tastic" in your blog list?

Stu said...

Dusty, thank you so much for that encouragement! I really appreciate it soooo much. I too am very glad that you and Rebs have been so obedient in following God's leading. I trust everything is still well in Korea. We still need to have a Skype meal!

Babs, consider yourself mucho-tastic material. Please forgive me for not recognizing your wonderful updating turnaround sooner. Oh, and tell John I just may do that.

Liz said...

Gosh, I'm so glad that I'm not a 'great sinner' like you. How would I live with myself?

Brian Hirschy said...

live your best life now!