>

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I'm Fine

For those of you who haven't heard, there was an earthquake that hit about 100 miles away from the mission base this morning at about 7 in the morning. It was a 6.4 magnitude, but everything and everyone was fine. Actually, I wasn't even in the area. I was on my way back to the base from the border with my friend Charles. Quick explanation: you have to renew your visa at the border every 6 or 12 months depending on the type of visa you have. Anyway, I accompanied him and we just got back about 4 this evening but I'm exhausted. It's about a 25 hour drive to the border from here depending on traffic and how much hassle the army gives you.

Thanks again to everyone for the concerned emails. It made me feel important! I love everyone of you.

3 comments:

Brett said...

Whew! Glad to hear that you were ok!

Anonymous said...

stu-bert! glad you're okay!

Bill said...

We were very concerned...so thankful all is okay. - Bill and Karen