>

Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sitting, Waiting

So I'm in my parent's house in Tulsa and freezing rain has been covering the area for almost a day now. Actually, the blanket of ice is supposed to do nothing but thicken for the next 10 hours or so. I hope everything remains in working order but when it's 28 degrees and the rain is coming down it's unlikely. WOW! The electricity just surged through the house and a transformer nearby exploded, but the power came back on. Anyway, enough about the weather.

Despite the dreary conditions outside I am relatively sublime heading into what I hope becomes my last week in the states for a while. If you noticed, the countdown timer that has been so prominently displayed on the upper right corner of my blog has disappeared. 2 reasons for that: [1] I messed up the code fiddling with it and [2] I'm not sure exactly when I'm leaving now. I have had Monday the 17th as my leave date for some time now, but I may have to adjust that slightly. I will explain. I may have found a vehicle!! I won't give the whole story right now because I don't have it in my possession yet, but God seems to have moved someone's heart to give me a vehicle to take to Mexico. If it happens in the way I anticipate, I could possibly need to spend up to 2 weeks getting all of the title transfer, tagging, and other things done before leaving. God is really blessing me with this and I am pretty humbled at how He worked this situation out. Details will come forth as this unfolds further.

Well I am going to bid this post adieu before a power surge claims my computer. To those of you in the area, drink a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy the winter weather. If you're not in the area, enjoy your week anyway! Thank you for praying.

6 comments:

Brett said...

It was great to hang out one last time this weekend. Let me know how things progress with the vehicle.

Stu said...

Yeah bro, the hang time was great! I will miss your family dearly. I'll keep you posted on the vehicle.

Liz said...

Wow, it'd be really nice to just sit inside all day without anything to do except read and drink coffee and text message people.

Kristen Compston said...

Get the hell out of here already!

You will be missed by the compstons.

jlo said...

I had a feeling you were going to get your truck. Let us know the story of how God has provided.

Anonymous said...

can I just say that people need to learn the lesson of not turning on the freak'n AC when its 1 degree outside.

I hate how tall you are... you make me sick